Thursday 9 August 2012

Day 4


Day 4, Clanwilliam to Langebaan, interesting day.

This morning's ride started with a uphill battle, climbing from 40m above sea level to 400m above sea level in about 6 kilometres.  This part of the route challenged the cyclists to the maximum.  However, commitment and perseverance prevailed.


The rest of the route went relatively well, the exquisite scenery made the route somehow seem shorter (or maybe just for me in my comfortable seat).

We had visits from a few friends on the road, which we as a team appreciated, as we are getting tired of each other’s company. Freddie Roux, a friend and business associate, joined the group in a few kilometres of cycling, the group enjoyed his company on the road. We also met a few new people, keeping the route interesting.

We arrived at Langebaan at about 16:00.

We had a lovely meal at the “Lekka by die see” restaurant this evening, and are now on our way to bed. 

Tomorrow morning, at 06:00, we will be taking on the last stretch of the Cannon-to-Cape Charity Cycle, and arriving at Lourensford will be the highlight of this tour, as 18 cyclists will be able to say, I completed 943km in 5 days on a bicycle, I faced gale force winds (the groups description of the wind on Monday), I faced rain, I faced freezing cold days, I survived the Vanrhynspass, I prevailed.  Few other people can say the same.

Remember that this is a Charity Cycle, and we are still raising funds for the TLC Project of CANSA, please support this cause.

I will again keep you updated tomorrow.

Regards

Elizca

No comments:

Post a Comment