Monday 6 August 2012

Contemplations from the crew: part 4


While typing this letter at 12:10, 110km outside our destination, I am very emotional.  While preparing for the Canon-to-Cape, scenarios were sketched, planning was done, safety was from the beginning number one priority. Unfortunately, nothing could have prepared the cyclist, neither the crew for the conditions they currently must endure. I guess every challenge comes with certain problems, otherwise they wouldn’t have called it a challenge.  


Last week I wrote about one cyclist saying that we are doing this for a cause far greater than our individual frustrations and insecurities.  However, in this circumstance there will be some misunderstandings, some difference of opinion, some concern.

I am however, extremely proud to be part of this team.  I am extremely proud to be able to call them my family and friends, as what they are doing, this second, for a cause so near to our hearts, is so brave. So yes, there will be some emotions involved, but in the end, they as a team will be closer than ever.
I will keep you posted.

-Elizca

No comments:

Post a Comment